04 January 2011

recent obsession: laser-cut jewelry

Since I've been really exploring the world of vector art over the last couple years (screw you, pixels!), my eye has been caught by the presence of laser cutting lately. The smooth, streamlined look of these gorgeous products are so appealing to me, yet several of them still maintain their dreamy wistfullness. Also, just to be clear, I've definitely been researching places to outsource things like this for like 3 hours and I have some AWESOME ideas. The possibilities are endless, and they don't stop with jewelry or metal or plastic.  Here are my favorites...


I don't usually dig headbands that much, especially since those sequiny, flowery, feathery things seem to be all the rage lately, but I'm so in love with this metal cloud headband. And don't even get me started on the polaroid ring. Amazing.
(yellowgoat: etsy / blog)

For those of you who are Chicagoans, more specifically Logan Squarians, this holds a special place in my heart, as the ampersand is the logo to one of my favorite drinking spots in addition to being one of the my favorite glyphs. I love the wooden one, especially how the laser has burnt the wood around the edges.(isette)



If you know me at all, you know I love love love Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. There is a very permanent (and very unfinished) homage to the book's original illustrations marked clearly on my arm (drawn by my mother!). So it comes as no surprise that I'm obsessed with these pendants above. Not to mention my love for gnarly, leaf-bare trees, one of the only things I love about winter. (untamed menagerie)


The spider web here might be a little too goth and the mixtape a little too hipstery for me, but I love the detail of them. When I was a kid, I would help my dad rewind all of his unraveled cassette tapes, so perhaps this has a nostalgic touch for me. I don't think I have to explain how      beautiful those leaves are. God, I love fall.
(C.A.B. Fayre: etsy / blog)



Total design, Apple, and typography geek here, so the first three are just... duh. And San Francisco is always on my mind, especially since putting my current plans in motion.
(plastique)











 
 The first necklace is kind of the odd man out here. But I just think it's jagged and classy and totally rad. I've always loved honeycomb patterns, so the second one is right up my alley. Those squares are not as great as the ones above, but still pretty awesome.
(indomina: etsy / blog)



 I was born in New Jersey, grew up in Ohio, and found myself in Chicago. I want so badly to put all three of these on a chain. Of course adding California when the time is right. This girl has all 50 states and a few countries as well.
(truche)





I think these are a bit more girly and extravagant than I'd usually wear, but I can definitely see myself getting one of these for a special occasion and ending up wearing it all the time.
(traceface)















Ok. Bedtime. Hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment