22 June 2011

Quick update...

So just a quick update from my ever-waxing-and-waning creative mind. I've started my day (night?) job, which is why I haven't been around much. After being unemployed for FIVE MONTHS it was a very welcome change. I've never (since high school) been out of work for that long. Of course, I won't pretend it wasn't a choice. I left Chicago and I decided not to work at that other restaurant here in Cincinnati, so I brought it upon myself. But manalive was I bored after awhile. Once I finished the paisleys, I was itching for another project. I managed to do a few things here and there, but it just wasn't the same.

Anyway, I'm tending bar at a fantastic restaurant in Cincinnati's historical Over-The-Rhine neighborhood. I've worked in this 'hood several times before, but it has gone through such a beautiful transformation over the last 4 or 5 years. I'm in awe. We make craft cocktails from homemade ingredients, so I'm getting to flex my creative muscles with a little mixology. Tonight, I'm adding a plum, hibiscus, and chamomile infused gin cocktail, garnished with borage flowers, to the menu.

Before I leave you to print out the cocktail menus, I'll leave you with a drawing I did about a month ago.  Done on 18" x 24" paper. Pencil, then Microns.



No comments:

Post a Comment