08 March 2011

2 completed prints.

Well, I finished the raindrop pattern from Monday night. Making repeating patterns is kind of a mindfreak sometimes. It involves intense concentration. Luckily, I don't have to worry about constraining to a mill's measurements like I had to when designing during my internship at Brentano. Designing for printmaking (screen or otherwise) lets you be a lot more free-form in the way the repeats connect.




This morning, I woke up and almost immediately got to work on this one:



I'm torn on whether or not to really follow through with this one. And if I do, it might just be for personal use only. The drawings are taken (loosely traced with the size and proportions slightly distorted) from my favorite movie, The Point. After doing some research, I actually found the email address of the guy who directed, produced and animated the movie, Fred Wolf. So if I really wanted to, I could try and get permission to sell the print. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Anyway, these buildings can be seen at the 2:23 mark in this video:

No comments:

Post a Comment